Start a Fundraiser for QCH
In this time of crisis, QCH remains committed to providing quality programming and meeting the needs of our most vulnerable community members. Your support goes a long way in making sure we can continue to meet those needs as they continue to evolve. Instructions are below on how to start your own fundraiser for Queens Community House.
HOW TO START YOUR OWN FUNDRAISER FOR QUEENS COMMUNITY HOUSE:
(Let us know you're fundraising for us! Email Ade Omotade at email@example.com so we can recognize your leadership.)
1. Send an Email to your Friend and Contacts
- Send an email to people in your networks describing the work you do and how much it would mean to you if they joined your efforts by donating.
- Feel free to use some of our sample language below.
- People can donate on our website using this link: https://www.qchnyc.org/donate/make-gift
- Make sure to ask them to write your name in the comments section so we can recognize you for the donation.
2. Fundraise on Facebook
- Facebook fundraisers allow you to set a fundraising goal, share your story and share your results. It's easy to set up! Just click here and follow the prompts.
- Feel free to use the sample language below in creating your message.
3. Fundraise with GoFundMe
- GoFundMe is an easy way to raise money beyond your network. Follow this link to sign up or sign in and then follow the prompts.
Donation Page Link
QCH General Info
- Queens Community House (QCH) is a multi-service settlement house serving more than 25,000 children, youth, adults and older adults every year. Our mission is to provide individuals and families with the tools to enrich their lives and build healthy, inclusive communities. Through a broad network of programs operating out of 32 sites in 14 neighborhoods, we offer Queens residents a needed support system at every stage of life, helping them to develop the knowledge, confidence and skills to change their lives for the better and become active participants in their larger community.
Feel free to use any of the following language in helping us raise critical funds:
- The COVID-19 crisis has changed everything for Queens Community House, but they are adjusting quickly. The majority of staff are working from home and connecting to program participants by phone: checking in on homebound seniors; making sure our elementary, middle and high school students have the resources (laptops, WiFi connection) to enable them to participate in online learning; offering online counselling services to teens and young adults; and providing ongoing housing, case management, and immigration assistance. Their ESOL and citizenship classes are now occurring virtually.
- We continue to provide home-delivered meal service to homebound elderly; are currently providing daily lunch pick-ups at three senior centers; and are looking to expand the food pantries at two community centers.
- Today, I am ask you to stand alongside me and support our neighbors by making a special emergency gift to Queens Community House.
- Your help today would allow QCH to continue serving seniors, as well as many other vulnerable community members as this crisis progresses. In times like these, community is more important than ever, an QCH staff will continue to do what they can to serve our neighbors in need. They can’t do it alone, however; your support will be critical to helping them meet the increasing needs as the weeks go by.
Having trouble? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your commitment to Queens Community House.