WEEK OF MARCH 30 - APRIL 3
In the midst of the COVID19 outbreak, we are doing everything we can to keep our staff, participants and volunteers safe while maintaining vital supports for some of our most vulnerable neighbors.
Due to recommendations regarding social distancing, we are scaling back or temporarily suspending several of our programs: (Please note that if a program is not listed, that means schedule changes are pending, please check back for an update soon.)
Children & Youth Services
The following programs will be closed until further notice:
- All afterschool programs
- QCH Beacon programs (J.H.S. 190, P.S. 149, M.S. 210)
- Access for Young Women (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Young Men’s Leadership/athletic programs (email@example.com)
- Forest Hills Evening Teen Center, and (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Generation Q LGBTQ drop-in center (email@example.com).
- Counseling services will be limited to a case by case basis and conducted by telephone only (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Young Adult Services
- QCH’s transfer high schools (VOYAGES, VOYAGES South, Queens Satellite) and YABCs (HS for Arts & Business, John Adams HS) will be closed until further notice.
- Queens Connect’s next cohort will be done online. Program alumni seeking assistance should e-mail or call the case manager (347-571-0000 x 317).
- Our Youth Workforce Office on Austin Street will be closed.
- Afterschool Clases at our Youth Development Center at Newtown High School will be offered remotely via Google Classroom starting 3/23. Counseling services will be available via phone also starting 3/23. Contact Michael Spyrou at email@example.com for more information
- Our College Access and Success Program staff are available via phone and email. Contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Adult & Community Services
- ESOL and Friday Citizenship classes will virtually continue as scheduled online via zoom. For more information, please call 718-592-5757 Ext. 216 (Day Classes) or Ext. 222 (Evening Classes), or E-mail: EnglishSchool@qchnyc.org
- Immigration Services and ONA Opportunity Center will be provided by telephone only. Please call 718-592-5757 Ext. 245 and Ext 254 or 347-965-1213.
- Queens Childcare Network will suspend home visits and work remotely. (email@example.com or 646-510-1738)
- Housing & Homelessness Prevention Services will be conducted by telephone only. (Msotomayor@qchnyc.org)
- Census 2020 outreach is happening via social media, texting and other remote means.
- See below for information on our available Food Pantries.
Older Adult Services
- NEW! Our Queens Center for Gay Seniors in Jackson Heights is currently providing grab and go lunches on Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday to cover meals for the week.
- NEW! Forest Hills Senior Center, Kew Garden Senior Center, Rego Park Senior Center and Pomonok Senior Center are no longer distributing grab and go lunches. Participants of these centers will be recieving home deliveries from NYC's Department for the Aging. Participants with questions or concerns about their deliveries should call their Senior Center Director. All contact information can be found on this page.
- NEW! Social Adult Day Services is currently suspended. (718-592-5757 x 237). Participants will receive home delivered meals through NYC Department for the Aging.
- Caregiver Support Services will be provided by phone - (718) 592-5757; Laurie Avery - x 237; Wendy Kwan - x 230; Anna Boyer - x 247; Kimberly Sanz - x 218
- Senior Case Management Services will be provided by phone. Staff can be reached at 718-268-1412 or (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Home Delivered Meals service will continue. Staff can be reached at 347-507-0486.
- Friendly Visiting Services will be provided by telephone.
Pomonok Community Center
- NEW! Pomonok Senior Center is no longer offering Grab and Go lunches. Participants will be recieving home deliveries from NYC's Department for the Aging. Participants with questions or concerns about their deliveries should call their Senior Center Director. All contact information can be found on this page.
- Food Pantry will continue as scheduled from 10am to 1pm on Thursdays. In consideration of your health and others’ health, we ask the community not needing the food pantry or not picking up a meal from the senior center, to contact us via phone at 718 591-6060.
- Family Support Coordinator will provide service by phone and e-mail only (email@example.com).
- After school and Leaders in Training Program will be closed until further notice.
- Our food pantry at Forest Hills Community Center will be open on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Thursday of each month from 8:30am to 9:30am, until food runs out. Please call 718-699-1010 for more information.
- Our food pantry at Pomonok Community Center will be open from 10am to 1pm on Thursdays. Please call 718 591-6060 for more information.
- Our monthly food pantry at Forest Hills Community Center will continue on Wednesday, 3/25 from 6pm-7:30pm, or until food runs out.
- Forest Hills Community Center: 108-25 62nd Drive, Forest Hills NY 11375
- Pomonok Community Center: 67-09 Kissena Blvd, Flushing NY 11367
You can continue to contact staff as you usually do by phone or email. Our primary phone # is 718-592-5757 and our email is firstname.lastname@example.org. We will continue to update our website and social media platforms as things change.
Thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.
Please continue to do what you can to keep yourself, you family, and your neighbors safe and healthy.