SYEP Service Learning Facilitator (Temporary)
July 15, 2020
We are seeking a qualified Service Learning Facilitator with a strong commitment to youth development for our Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP). The Service Learning Facilitator will work collaboratively with other SYEP staff, QCH community, and stakeholders to implement Career Ready curriculum for SYEP participants to ensure they can explore interests and passions, develop positive social connections, contribute to their community, become life-long learners, and gain meaningful experiences. We welcome amazing individuals who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change lives.
- Provide 15 hours of weekly training/workshops and seminars to SYEP program participants ages 14 -15 years old related to service learning activities that can incorporate other subjects such as financial literacy; career and education exploration; professional soft skills; identification of career goals; and job search skills such as resume writing, interview preparation, and marketing transferrable skills
- Develop lesson plans and materials for workforce readiness training sessions and present training programs in a clear and concise manner that is relatable to young adults
- Oversee a high quality youth development program that incorporates QCH’s mission, vision and positioning, professional development topics and curriculum, contractual requirements, and engaging activities for participants
- Select and develop teaching aids such as handbooks, visual aids, computer tutorials, field trips, sector-focused activities, and reference materials to support curriculum design and implementation
- Accompany participants on all off-site trips while maintaining appropriate staff to student ratio
- Maintain a safe, welcoming, and productive learning space for all participants
- Communicate with administration/supervisor regarding participant engagement, attendance, and supportive service needs
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation and measure project performance using required data collection and outcome measurement tools
- Accountable for ensuring QCH maintains a safe and inclusive environment for youth that meets all compliance and requirements set forth by the organization, DYCD, funders, and applicable labor law
- Attend supervision sessions with the SYEP Educational Specialist
- Attend monthly staff meetings and quarterly agency-wide meetings
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- B.A. in a related degree with direct experience in youth development or work readiness programs
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with planning and facilitating workshops for youth on workforce and career topics; ability to work with a diverse staff of varying professional and educational experiences.
- Minimum of one (1) year of classroom management experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to young people and staff as a positive adult role model.
- Demonstrated ability to implement Positive Youth Development, Social Emotional Learning, and Youth Leadership development frameworks
- Knowledge of NYC’s priority employment sectors
- Demonstrate cultural competency and have an appreciation for and sensitivity to participants’ cultural heritage and traditions, life experiences, sexual orientation, and gender identity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, programming and organizational, verbal and written skills.
- Proficiency with various computer programs and willingness to learn new ones.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate discretion.
- Must be cleared of NYS DOH Fingerprinting Screening; NYS Clearance Review Background Check; 3 Reference Checks; physical examination with updated TB test.
This is a temporary position with the possibility for permanent employment opportunities
Status: Seasonal, 20-35 hours per week; non-exempt
Salary: $15 - 21 per hour; commensurate with experience.
Schedule: M-F; 8:30am – 4:30 pm
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Service Learning Facilitator ” to email@example.com.
Queens Community House, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.