PROGRAM DIRECTOR - Youth Build
July 15, 2020
We are seeking a qualified YouthBuild Program Director with a strong commitment to youth development and knowledgeable of program management. The YouthBuild program engages out-of-school, low-income youth ages 16-24 and provides an alternative education and employment pathway that enables participants to obtain a high school equivalency diploma, advance toward post -secondary education or career-oriented employment and take responsibility for their families and communities.
- Support all aspects of day-to-day programming such as recruitment, intake, case management, HSE instruction, on-site construction training, and graduate services.
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate and supervise the Social Work/Case Manager, Occupational Skills Trainer, Program Assistant, and Placement Specialist.
- Responsible for staff development, planning, development, implementation and assessment of program.
- Effectively manage and work closely with direct reports in order to ensure quality service delivery in addition to positive program outcomes.
- Ensure that all elements of the program work together as a holistic model
- Plan regular partner meetings to review program deliverables and programmatic concerns.
- Provide ongoing evaluation and analysis of current service offerings and their impact on overall performance goals.
- Collect required data accordingly and submit reports to the city/state/federal agencies and private foundation partners.
- Work closely with the Division Director of Youth Workforce to analyze data on a monthly basis
- Develop a broad understanding of workforce development practices and innovations, labor market information, sectoral employment approach and local, state, and federal regulatory changes.
- Work collaboratively with the Division Director of Youth Workforce to outreach to local business and organizations
- Cultivate high-level employer engagement in conjunction with Division Director of Youth Workforce.
- Participate and represent QCH within networks such YouthBuild NYC Collaborative.
- Attend and represent QCH at federal, state, and local YouthBuild conferences.
- Represent the QCH Youth Employment Division at all meetings, events, and other required functions.
- Report to the Division Director of Youth Workforce.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- M.A. in education, social work, or youth related degree with direct experience in youth development or work readiness programs is preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in the field of youth employment and/or with the disconnected youth population preferred.
- Computer literate and competency in Word, Excel and Publisher.
- Multi-tasker and exceptional communication skills a must.
- Possess strong supervisory, collaboration and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills required
Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package includes medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such staff can earn up to 27 annual leave days (17 in your first year), 12 sick days, and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities.
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000 per annum; commensurate with experience.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “YB Program Director ” to email@example.com.
Queens Community House, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.