FRIENDLY VISITING PROGRAM AIDE (Temporary)
March 10, 2020
QCH’s “Friendly Visiting” program provides volunteers to visit older adults in QCH’s Senior Case Management Program on a regular basis for the purpose of reducing isolation, providing companionship, and monitoring general well-being. Agency-wide, QCH enlists a large base of volunteers that we strive to engage, support, and constantly refresh.
The temporary Friendly Visiting Aide will provide administrative support to QCH’s Friendly Visiting Program Coordinator. This position requires a personable and collaborative personality with exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks on a daily basis. This position will report to the Friendly Visiting Coordinator and is based out of our 119-45 Union Turnpike, Queens, NY 11375 location.
- Conduct phone call reassurance (3 month check-in calls) with older adult clients.
- Field new volunteer inquiries and assist with volunteer recruitment and outreach.
- Assist with scheduling of client home visits and new volunteer meetings.
- Complete e-mail and phone call reference checks for prospective volunteers.
- Assure accurate data entry into STARS and other program charts including case notes.
- Attend community outreach events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Social Services or Administration preferred.
- Prior experience working with older adult populations and volunteers or in a non-profit setting providing direct service desirable.
- Experience with data entry and administrative tasks.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, multi-tasking, and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate discretion.
- Bilingual Spanish / English strongly preferred.
- Availablity to work evenings and some weekends preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Status: Temporary (March-April 2020)
Schedule: 15 hours per week; Monday-Friday with some flexible availability for evenings and weekends as needed
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please send a resume and a cover letter that highlights your experience and interest related to this role, with subject line “Temporary Friendly Visiting Aide” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: Applications submitted without a formal cover letter will not be considered.
Queens Community House, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.