PROGRAM DIRECTOR - HIGH SCHOOL LTW PROGRAM
July 26, 2019
Queens Community House (QCH) is seeking a qualified Program Director with a strong commitment to program implementation, management and educational achievement to work in our Transfer School at Queens Satellite HS for Opportunity. The Learning to Work (LTW) Transfer School program is an alternative pathway to graduation for youth 17 years and older, funded by The NYC Department of Education and implemented in collaboration with Queens Community House. We are committed to providing support services to students who desire to pursue their high school diploma.
• Manage the LTW contract and overall supervisory responsibility for programplanning, reporting, program development and implementation, and staff development.
• Staff supervision including annual evaluations and regular individual and group staffmeeting.
• Oversee the collaborative effort of student enrollment and assessment, monitoring the intake process of and outreach to prospective students.
• Manage, track, and report Salesforce data.
• Serve as primary collaborative partner with the school principal and administrative staff.
• Hire and train staff with the LTW Multi-Site Director.
• Hold staff meetings on a regular basis to discuss program ideas, share concerns, and develop future plans.
• Develop collegial relationships with DOE personnel, other CBO’s, funding agencies, resource organizations, technical assistance providers, and the youth community.
• Track program expenditures.
• Understand and be able to articulate the QCH mission, vision and best practices to staff, youth participants, parents, colleagues and the community.
• Ensure that program staff follows through on all planning, budgetary, scheduling and implementation tasks.
• Exhibit commitment to QCH’s mission and community building.
• Train staff in youth development and be the "voice" of the agency and role model at the site.
• Work independently while maintaining appropriate communications with supervisor.
• Establish a model of positive interaction with students, parents/guardians, and colleagues and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
• Meet with and collaborate with staff from other QCH LTW sites to share learning, compare approaches and develop new programs.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Human Services, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years' of experience working with youth, preferably in a NYC high school setting.
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience required.
- Demonstrated attendance and punctuality in meeting required schedule.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate discretion.
- Excellent computer skills with various programs and willingness to learn new ones.
STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
SALARY:High$50K range w/ Excellent Benefits Package.
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package includes medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn up to 27 annual leave days, 12 sick days and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Program Director” at email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - DRUG FREE WORKPLACE