QUEENS CHILDCARE NETWORK PROGRAM ASSISTANT (BILINGUAL KOREAN/ENGLISH)
June 26, 2019
Queens Community House (QCH) is seeking a qualified Bilingual (English/Korean) Program Assistant with a strong commitment to social services to assist with community outreach at The Queens Childcare Network of Queens Community House. The Queens Childcare Network provides technical assistance and support to family and group family childcare providers. Through home visits, information and referral, education and use of peer role-modeling, the network promotes quality regulated in-home childcare services. The Program Assistant is responsible for engaging in various activities that will promote and support the Korean-American population to get enrolled in to the Queens Community Childcare Network and become family or group family licensed providers.
- Outreach to the Korean-American Childcare Provider population: inform them about the benefits of getting enrolled into the CACFP Food Program and becoming a member of the Queens Childcare Network.
- Enroll 5 Korean-American childcare providers into the Childcare Network during July 2019 and June 2020.
- Provide information and assistance to the provider community about licensing, joining the network, as well as other services offered for the parent and child community, such as CACFP (Food Program) and trainings (offered inside and outside Queens Community House).
- Help assess a provider’s eligibility and associated paperwork to become a licensed provider.
- Translate relevant materials from English to Korean.
- Create flyers and brochures for the purpose of outreach.
- Conduct various orientation meetings for potential Korean-American childcare providers.
- Assist the Director with home visits to Korean-American providers.
- Perform general office duties including data entry, answering phone calls, faxing documents, and filing.
- To be able to work both individually and as part of a team in a professional manner.
- Establish connections with Korean organizations to increase outreach.
- Distribute flyers around the target populations (Flushing, Bayside, Elmhurst).
- Bilingual Korean/English Required.
- Experience in child care, social work, education, human services, community outreach, or related field required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (i.e. Publisher, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Familiarity with Queens’ Korean-American community.
- Creative, outgoing, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Must be a self-starter and motivated to achieve programmatic goals.
- Must have the ability to work occasional weekends for outreach and training events
- Willingness to travel throughout Queens
STATUS: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
SCHEDULE: 18 hours/week (3 days / 6 hours per day)
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Program Assistant (Bilingual – Korean/English)” to email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER --- DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE