YOUTH DEVELOPMENT CENTER SITE DIRECTOR @ PS 117
March 21, 2019
We welcome amazing individuals who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change lives. Our Youth Division allows participants to explore interests and passions, develop positive social connections, contribute to their community, become life-long learners, and gain meaningful experiences. We are seeking a qualified Site Director with a strong commitment to youth development for our Youth Development Center at PS 117. The Site Director is a member of the leadership of the school-based unit that comprise our afterschool youth development centers (YDC). As a member, the employee will work collaboratively with the school community, QCH community, and stakeholders to ensure participants can explore interests and passions, develop positive social connections, contribute to their community, become life-long learners, gain meaningful experiences, and instill a youth development approach towards our youth work. They are responsible for providing excellent:
- Leadership and supervision of staff
- Collaboration, Relationship Building and Advocacy with Key Stakeholders
- Assurance of a high quality and performing program
The Site Director has overall accountability for the development and growth, quality, and success of the program operation, its students, and staff. They foster a safe and inclusive atmosphere of fun and learning where the concept of teamwork, creativity, youth empowerment, and sportsmanship can flourish; preparing them for future successes.
- Oversee a high quality youth development program(s) that incorporates QCH’s mission, vision and positioning, professional development topics and curriculum, contractual requirements, and engaging activities for participants.
- Lead the supervision, training and evaluation of department personnel with a focus on program planning, development and implementation, supportive counseling and case management, assessment and evaluation, team building, staff development and team meetings.
- Responsible for supervision, operations, programming and evaluation of assigned site(s); coverage areas include program planning, program development and implementation, supportive counseling and case management, assessment and evaluation, team building and staff development.
- Works with and meets regularly with principal and school partner(s) on program updates, sharing of program data and progress and to address mutual issues of concern.
- Develop collegial relationships with funders, parents, other organizations and regulatory agencies (DOHMH, DOE, & DYCD) and other key stakeholders; serves as an advocate.
- Serve as a lead in developing a Parent Advisory Board.
- Ensures continuous program quality and performance measurement.
- Monitor purchases and inventory of all program related expenses; prepare and monitor program budgets, payroll and other management tasks.
- Maintain registration, attendance, surveys and questionnaires, and comply with School Age Child Care (SACC), Department of Education (DOE), Department of Health and Department of Youth & Community Development (DYCD) requirements.
- Ensure input of data in all databases (DYCD) and others, and submit reports, in a timely manner.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- BA/BS degree required; Masters in Social Work preferred
- Experience in the Youth Development or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years of supervisory and management experience developing and implementing youth programs, staff training and evaluation; ability to work with a diverse staff of varying professional and educational experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to young people and staff as a positive adult role model.
- Demonstrated ability in program outreach and recruitment, budgeting, performance based contracting and compliance with SACC licensing procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, programming and organizational, verbal and written skills.
- Proficiency with various computer programs and willingness to learn new ones.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate discretion.
Status: Full-Time; Non-Exempt
Salary: Mid 40s to Low 50s plus comprehensive benefits package
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 10 am-6 pm
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package varies by position and may include medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn annual leave days, sick days and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Site Director – PS 117” to Leydy Avila at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes submitted without a formal cover letter will not be considered.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – DRUG FREE WORKPLACE