COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR
February 1, 2019
We are seeking a qualified and dynamic Community Engagement Coordinator with experience in grassroots programming related to community sustainability and food justice and access work. In particular the Coordinator will work with the site director to integrate QCH’s mission, vision and values in our food access and justice work; identify opportunities for food access program refinement and enhancement; support and grow participant engagement and leadership; and build a team spirit among current resident leadership. S/he will report to the Pomonok Center Director.
- Implement and oversee Pomonok’s comprehensive food access and justice work which includes a farmers market, community gardening, youth food justice activities, cooking and eating activities and a food pantry.
- Work with Director and Pomonok Center’s Program Coordinators in developing opportunities for participants and residents to contribute to the success of programs, the center and their community. Work with the Center Director in developing and strengthening program and center advisory/volunteer and leadership groups.
- Develop consistent, stable and supportive relationships with volunteers and center participants; help agency identify and develop partnerships to benefit community health, food access, nutrition and community strengthening at the Pomonok Center.
- Be part of a team in the continual assessment of community needs and take initiative in responding to those needs.
- Be part of the Pomonok Center’s team in planning and supporting center-wide activities such as open center nights, health fairs, adult access to exercise; community pot-lucks, family socials, etc.
- Track participant engagement, milestones and outcomes within pertinent program areas.
- Be available evenings and week-ends.
- Undergraduate degree required and a minimum of two (2) years of human service experience.
- Community organization and planning experience and substantial food access and justice experience in a community based setting.
- Experience working with volunteers on volunteer led activities
- Experience working with youth, adults and families; strong administrative, communication skills, mediation skills;
- Commitment to the multi-service, settlement house model.
STATUS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
SALARY: $40000- $45500 per annum
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package varies by position and may include medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn annual leave days, sick days and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities, including trainings and learning bits.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of the diverse communities we serve. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Community Engagement Coordinator” to Patrick Pinchinat at email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - DRUG FREE WORKPLACE