TRAINER @ QUEENS CONNECT
January 9, 2019
We are seeking a qualified Trainer with a strong commitment to youth development to work in our Queens Connect Program. Queens Connect is an employment collaborative between Queens Community House, Jacob Riis Neighborhood Settlement, Sunnyside Community Services, and Ocean Bay CDC. The Queens Connect Collaboration is primarily designed to assist young people in attaining employment readiness skills and employment opportunities within the Borough of Queens.
- Develop positive attitudes toward the work environment and related responsibilities in participants.
- Assist participants in developing appropriate work goals.
- Assist in modeling and teaching appropriate workforce behavior and communication for participants.
- Complete all required paperwork and clerical tasks.
- Identify training needs by evaluating strengths and weaknesses.
- Translate programs requirements into trainings that will develop participants for employment and career paths.
- Develop and produce classroom handouts, instructional materials, visual aids and manuals.
- Direct structured learning experiences and monitor their results.
- Acclimate participants to program and conduct orientation sessions.
- Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into work behavior.
- Periodically evaluate ongoing program to ensure effectiveness.
- Support recruitment needs.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Education, Social Work, and Human Resources preferred; equivalent combination of applicable training and experience may be substituted for education requirements.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with youth preferably in a similar setting; high school population preferred.
- Ability to engage collaborative partners with the organization and with each other.
- Demonstrated attendance and punctuality in meeting required schedule.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate discretion.
- Proficiency with various computer programs and willingness to learn new ones.
- Proven experience in facilitating training sessions.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques.
- Ability to present information to a variety of audiences.
STATUS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
SALARY: Low 40’s K; commensurate w/ experience; excellent benefits
SCHEDULE: M-F 9:00 am-5:00 pm
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package varies by position and may include medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn generous annual leave and sick days, and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities, including trainings and learning bits.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Trainer” at email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - DRUG FREE WORKPLACE