PROGRAM DIRECTOR @ IS 145
September 21, 2018
We are seeking a qualified Program Director with a strong commitment to youth development for our Youth Development Center at IS 145. The Program Director has overall accountability for the development and growth, quality, and success of the program operation, its students, and staff. He/she fosters a safe and inclusive atmosphere of fun and learning where the concept of teamwork, creativity, youth empowerment, and sportsmanship can flourish; preparing them for future successes.
- Oversee a high quality youth development program(s) that incorporates QCH’s mission, vision and positioning, professional development topics and curriculum, contractual requirements, and engaging activities for participants.
- Responsible for supervision, operations, programming and evaluation of assigned site(s); coverage areas include program planning, program development and implementation, supportive counseling and case management, assessment and evaluation, team building and staff development.
- Works with and meets regularly with principal and school partner(s) on program updates, sharing of program data and progress and to address mutual issues of concern.
- Develop collegial relationships with funders, parents, other organizations and regulatory agencies (DOH, DOE, & DYCD) and other key stakeholders; serves as an advocate.
- Serve as a lead in developing a Parent Advisory Board.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of innovative and age appropriate curriculums, enrichment activities, and theme based projects taking into consideration the youth needs and abilities that will help young people master their various educational and life skill.
- Establishes and ensures a combination of program activities to provide academic support, skill- driven sports, leadership/civic engagement activities, and arts instruction.
- Organizes special and culminating events, including showcases that highlight student achievement and culturally enriching field trips.
- Monitor purchases and inventory of all program related expenses; prepare and monitor program budgets, payroll and other management tasks.
- Accountable for ensuring QCH maintains a safe and inclusive environment for youth that meets all compliance and requirements set forth by the organization, DOE, DOH, funders and applicable labor law.
- Represents QCH in the community through flyer distribution, school visits, and attendance at meetings.
- Ensure input of data in all databases (DYCD) and others, and submit reports, in a timely manner.
- Maintains regular communication with supervisor pertaining to all agency, program, funder and school related matters.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- BA/BS degree required with preference in Education, Psychology, Sociology or related field.
- Minimum of two years of supervisory and management experience developing and implementing youth programs, staff training and evaluation; ability to work with a diverse staff of varying professional and educational experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to young people and staff as a positive adult role model.
- Demonstrated ability in program outreach and recruitment, budgeting, performance based contracting and compliance with SACC licensing procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, programming and organizational, verbal and written skills.
- Proficiency with various computer programs and willingness to learn new ones.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate discretion.
- Bilingual-Fluent in Spanish.
- Must be cleared of NYS DOH Fingerprinting Screening; NYS Clearance Review Background Check; 3 Reference Checks; physical examination with updated TB test.
STATUS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
SALARY: $43,000; Comprehensive Benefits Package.
SCHEDULE: M-F 10:00am-6pm
This position begins immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package varies by position and may include medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn annual leave days, sick days and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities, including trainings and learning bits.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Program Director – IS 145” to Leydy Avila at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - DRUG FREE WORKPLACE