Queens Childcare Network Programs
NYS DOH CACFP (NUTRITION) PROGRAM
The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is a federally funded program administered by the NY State Department of Health (DOH). The CACFP provides reimbursements for nutritious meals and snacks to eligible children and adults who are enrolled for care at participating childcare centers, day care homes, and adult day care centers.
Our CACFP participating childcare providers:
- Are reimbursed for up to two meals and one snack per child, per day;
- Furnish all food to be claimed for reimbursement – except for baby formula, which may be furnished by parents and claimed by providers;
- Participate in-home or virtual monitoring visits by QCCN team members;
- Attend at least one food training per year, offered free of charge by the QCCN.
QCCN helps our affiliated in-home childcare providers to enroll in the CACFP, offers ongoing educational resources on nutrition and supports providers to comply with all CACFP regulatory guidelines.
NYC DOE EARLYLEARN PROGRAM (All DAY/YEAR-ROUND)
New York City Department of Education (DOE) provides free or low-cost EarlyLearn programs qualifying families. Extended day/year services provide 8 or 10 hours of programming per day for 225 or 260 days per year to children under 2 years, 2 years old, and 3 years old. Eligibility is based on family's income and needs. If a family qualifies and there is a seat available, a child can begin a program anytime during the year.
- QCCN assists families to apply for EarlyLearn via a central admissions process operated by the Office of Student Enrollment (OSE).
- QCCN helps facilitate enrollment and placement exclusively within our network of affiliated in-home childcare providers.
- QCCN supports parents, children and our providers throughout the childcare experience.
- Our ongoing services include but, are not limited to family support around childcare, education, health, nutrition, social services, parenting, mental health and disabilities.
NYC DOE 3K FOR ALL PROGRAM (SCHOOL DAY & EXTENDED DAY)
NYC DOE 3-K For All provides free, school day and extended day, high-quality early childhood education for three-year-old children.
To be eligible, in the 2021-2022 school year, the child must have been born in 2018 and live in New York City.
- QCCN helps enroll and place 3K children with a licensed in-home childcare provider within our network.
- 3K School Day-School Year services are aligned with the DOE calendar: Services are for 180 days from September through June of each school year and are offered for 6 hours and 20 minutes a day.
- Extended Day-Extended Year 3K is open to qualifying children at any time throughout the year for 8 to 10-hours/day, IF the family meets the eligibility-based income and needs.
- Following the annual application deadline, QCCN can support families who have accepted, are pending or are wait-listed via MySchools for 3K offers within our network.
JOIN OUR NETWORK!
Licensed home-based childcare providers who join our network are given an array of NO COST services including but not limited to:
- Professional support system and coaching;
- Guidance on business development and marketing strategies;
- Outreach and enrollment support to engage EarlyLearn and 3K children;
- Resources for adherence to the most current health and safety guidelines;
- DOE curriculum to maximize child development and learning in all domains;
- Training and professional development on relevant childcare compliance and small business topics.
For details on HOW TO ENROLL in any of our programs, or TO JOIN OUR NETWORK, please contact QCCN at email@example.com or 347.897.4949.