Access for Young Women Coordinator
September 16, 2020
We are seeking a qualified Access for Young Women Coordinator to work in our Youth Services department. Access for Young Women is a gender specific leadership program for young women ages 11-18 that offers tiered leadership development in a supportive group setting. As a member of the Counseling Services & Teen Outreach Team, the Coordinator will work collaboratively with the QCH community, funders and stakeholders to ensure participants can explore interests and passions, develop positive social connections, contribute to their community, become life-long learners, gain meaningful experiences, and instill a youth development approach towards our youth work.
- Responsible for overall supervision and coordination of the program; coverage areas include outreach, retention, program planning, curriculum development, and contractual & funder requirements.
- Provide gender specific programming (AFYW and Summer Photography) for young women ages 11-18.
- Provide a hybrid model of remote learning and in-person programming for the duration of Covid-19.
- Foster relationships with participants and their families to ensure they are engaged in programming and special events.
- Facilitate weekly curriculum based groups to build confidence, leadership, refusal skills and a sense of community among the participants.
- Provide supportive counseling for college and career readiness & referrals to QCH services.
- Assist in the Wellness Initiative providing support and Benefits screenings for participant’s families.
- Act as a Task Supervisor for MSW Interns.
- Plan and coordinate community service projects, STEM Career Panel, and Annual Youth Leadership Conference.
- Collaborate with Generation Q on workshop development
- Develop collegial relationships with funders, parents, regulatory agencies and other key stakeholders.
- Responsible for monitoring purchases and inventory of all program related expenses, budget, and program administrative requirements including writing program reports, attendance at outside meetings, and maintaining participant files.
- Maintain registration, attendance, surveys and comply with funder requirements.
- Ensure input of data in all databases, and submit reports, in a timely manner.
- Maintains regular communication with supervisor pertaining to all agency, funder, program related matters.
- Participate in agency staff development and training opportunities as appropriate.
- Participate in monthly team meetings & case conferences and fulfill related responsibilities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Mental Health, Human Services, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years' of experience working with youth preferably in middle/high school setting.
- Experience in Group Work, Youth Development and Gender based programming a plus
- Experience in facilitating groups in leadership, career/college readiness and employment opportunities with a connection to counseling.
- Demonstrated attendance and punctuality in meeting required schedule.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate discretion.
- Excellent computer skills with various programs such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom and Salesforce, with a willingness to learn new ones.
- Reliable WIFI is required
- Must be cleared of NYS DOH Fingerprinting Screening; PETS Clearance: NYS Clearance Review Background Check; 3 Reference Checks; physical examination with updated TB test.
Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package includes medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such staff can earn up to 27 annual leave days (17 in your first year), 12 sick days, and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities.
Status: Full-Time, non-exempt
Salary: $40,000 - $43,000 per annum
Schedule: Monday-Friday: 1pm to 9pm, occasional weekend hours
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter, including salary requirement and resume with subject line “Coordinator - AFYW” at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes submitted without a formal cover letter will not be considered.
Queens Community House, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.