September 1, 2020
We are seeking a Bookkeeper to support the Queens Childcare Network. QCH Queens Childcare Network (QCCN) serves families and children from infancy through 13 years of age by putting attention to the environment, delivery and professional development of childcare services provided by regulated family and group family childcare providers. The Network is a pass through for several hundred dollars a month in reimbursements and parent fees and seeks a staff with bookkeeping experience to support our tracking the invoicing, collection and distribution of these dollars, which are essential to the sustainability of the providers and the program. The primary role of the QCCN Bookkeeper is to process and track payments for providers.
- Review and submit all program vendor documentation to ensure it is complete and accurate.
- Process and track and analyze payments for providers.
- Submit invoices, reports and receipts to accountant for payment, using web-based DocLink system.
- Assist with the preparation of the Child and Adult Care Food Program reports and invoicing ensuring accuracy and communicating trends
- Assist Network Director and Associate Executive Director with tracking overall program revenue and expenses to ensure compliance with spending protocol and procedures.
- Open, read, route, and distribute incoming mail and other material, and prepare answers to routine letters.
- Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material as needed.
- Provide support for general administrative duties including but not limited to answering the phone, taking messages, filing, photocopying, ordering and tracking office supplies, maintaining the copy/fax machine, overseeing internal and external mail distribution. Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Additional duties related to program administration as assigned.
- High School Diploma or HSE and two years bookkeeping experience; Associate’s Degree or higher in accounting or successful completion of bookkeeping or accounting course preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in payroll, invoice, billing or other bookkeeping positions preferred.
- Be attentive to detail.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, especially in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Successful Department of Investigation and State Central Registry clearances required.
- A dedicated work ethic. Ability to think critically and analyze large amounts of data
- Excellent organizational ability, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced, challenging, and constantly changing environment.
Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package includes medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such staff can earn up to 27 annual leave days (17 in your first year), 12 sick days, and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities.
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Salary: $21 per hour.
Schedule: 35 hours per week, M-F
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter, including salary requirement and resume with subject line “QCCN Bookkeeper” to Mary Abbate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes submitted without a formal cover letter will not be considered.
Queens Community House, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.