After School Multi-Site Supervisor
August 18, 2020
Queens Community House (QCH) is a multi-site nonprofit organization serving the diverse population of Queens through a broad network of programs for children and youth, adults and families, and older adults. Our mission is to provide individuals and families with the tools to enrich their lives and build healthy, inclusive communities. We are a modern interpretation of the traditional settlement house, bringing to our work innovative leadership and a passion for social and economic justice. We welcome amazing individuals who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change lives.
We are seeking a qualified Multi-Site Supervisor with a strong commitment to youth development for our Youth Development Centers (YDC). The Multi-Site Supervisor is a member of the leadership of the Afterschool YDCs. The Multi-Site Supervisor will work collaboratively with a team of Multi-Site Supervisors and Program Directors, QCH community, and stakeholders.
We welcome amazing individuals who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change lives. Our Youth Services Department allows participants to explore interests and passions, develop positive social connections, contribute to their community, become life-long learners, and gain meaningful experiences.
· Oversight, supervision, and leadership over of one’s portfolio of YDC sites.
· Work as a team with the Youth Development Center Team to ensure alignment with QCH’s Mission and agency and funder operational procedures.
· Collaborate, build relationships, and advocate with key stakeholders (Principals, Parents, and Funders).
· Supervision, training, evaluation, and recruitment of a team Program Directors and other program staff that aligns with QCH Mission, Vision, and Positioning and Youth Services’ youth development best practices.
· Program monitoring and management of the day to day program operations and supervision of one’s sites including attendance, incidences, reporting, and evaluation and assessment.
· Assurance of compliance, high quality, and high performing programs that meet contractual, regulatory, and agency evaluative measures and standards.
· Meet with Program Directors regularly for program planning and development of activities.
· Resolve conflicts and negotiate solutions as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree preferred) in Education, Social Work, Child Development, or a related field.
· At least 18 credit hours from an accredited college or university in the field of Education.
· Three (3) or more years supervising staff as a Program Director of sizeable programs with increasingly levels of responsibility preferably in urban education and/or youth development.
· Five (5) or more years work experience in the Youth Development Field.
· NYS OCFS School Age Child Care (SACC) Director credentials preferred or requirement to secure and maintain SACC credential training and certification.
· Working knowledge and application of public educational and afterschool systems; knowledge of contractual, regulatory, funding, and budgetary requirements regarding Department of Education (DOE), Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD) COMPASS/SONYC programs, and NYS School Age Child Care (SACC) regulations.
· Excellent skills in the areas of communication (oral and written), interpersonal, cultural competency, sense of judgement, and decision making.
· Excellent organizational, time management, and follow-up skills.
Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package includes medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such staff can earn up to 27 annual leave days (17 in your first year), 12 sick days, and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities.
Status: Full-Time, Exempt Salary: High $50K to low $60K range Schedule: Monday-Friday; 10:00 am – 6:00 pm, some earlier or later days required for events & meetings
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Multi-Site Supervisor” to YDCcareers@qchnyc.org
NOTE: Applications submitted without a formal cover letter will not be considered
Queens Community House, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Drug-Free Workplace.