DIRECTOR OF QUEENS CHILDCARE NETWORK
July 28, 2020
QCH Queens Childcare Network (QCCN) serves families and children from infancy through 13 years of age by putting attention to the environment, delivery and professional development of childcare services provided by regulated family and group family childcare providers. The Network, established in 1987 and with a membership of 45 providers serving approximately 500 children and families, is entering into contract with the NYC Department of Education to provide Early Learn services to infants and toddlers and 3 PK services.
We are seeking a qualified Director who will lead the program through its contract start-up and continuous oversight of its operations and program activities. The Site Director has overall accountability for the development and growth, quality, and success of the program operation, staff and the children and families being served. The Director is a member of QCH’s Management Team and is tasked with fostering a safe and inclusive atmosphere hallmarked by the concepts of teamwork, professionalism, creativity, respect, and appreciation of diversity.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of QCCN program to ensure that all program services are of the highest quality.
- Coordinating and supervising the efforts of QCCN staff in developing and maintaining all program components, including education, health, nutrition, social services, parent involvement, mental health, and disabilities. The Director will directly supervise the Education Director, Sr. Health Monitors, Social Worker and Program Assistant. Other staff include Educational Specialists(3) 1 Health Monitor, Family Workers (3), and CACFP monitors.
- Maintaining sound financial management of the program budget, and ensure timely collection of any parent fees.
- Representing the agency and maintaining strong working relationships with NYC Department of Education (DOE), NYS Division of Nutrition CACFP, NYS Office of Children and Family Services and NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, and community based services we work collaboratively with.
- Reviewing the current program model and develop strategies to ensure full enrollment in the NYC DOE participating provider homes.
- Collaborating with the Executive Team and Development Team in managing and identifying additional funding sources and responding to requests for proposals.
- Defining, measuring, and evaluating program performance data, and creating continuous improvement based on performance data.
- Training, supervising and motivating others to engage in appropriate performance management activities. Evaluating staff performance and identify areas of training needed. Collaborate with internal departments and external agencies to facilitate training.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director and Associate Executive Director.
- Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Education or Masters in Social Work or Masters in Public Administration.
- Five years of management experience.
- Significant experience in early childhood education, with a demonstrated track record of success.
- Comprehensive knowledge of New York City’s EarlyLearn program, the Head Start Performance
- Standards, Department of Health Article 47 regulations, and NYC ACS and DOE regulations.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required.
- A clear understanding of the Queens’ early childhood education needs, as well as issues affecting early childhood education and family services.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, including the ability to undertake multiple tasks.
- Unquestioned personal and professional integrity.
Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package includes medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such staff can earn up to 27 annual leave days (17 in your first year), 12 sick days, and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities.
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Salary: $72k- $82k range; commensurate based on experience
Schedule: 35 hours per week
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Director Queens Childcare Network” at email@example.com
Queens Community House, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.