SENIOR FAMILY WORKER
July 27, 2020
We are seeking a Sr. Family Worker to support the Queens Childcare Network. The primary role of the Sr. Family Worker will be to lead a small team of Family workers to partner with families of children enrolled with our network in supporting the child’s development potential.
- Oversee the enrollment process of families including recruitment, registration, intake, family assessment, and ongoing support to families.
- Ensure Family Workers, Families and Affiliated Providers work in partnership to create individualized family plans in the provision of family and social support services.
- Support families in obtaining needed support services and income enhancing benefits (special education, mental health services, housing support, etc.)
- Support families of children with special needs by attending case conferences and follow-up meetings.
- Connect Parents/caregivers to appropriate resources and make necessary referrals to community partners.
- Develop relationships with community partners who provide mental health, special needs, and other support services for all affiliated providers and families.
- Create and update Community Partner Resource Guide for all providers and families.
- Coordinate monthly family engagement workshops, special events, and other activities with the FCC Network team to encourage and maintain family participation.
- Documentation is kept of all family engagement conversations and sessions in a timely manner and align with NYC DOE’s Early Childhood Framework for Quality (EFQ).
- Carry a portfolio of approximately 15 families annually.
- Participate in regular staff meetings to connect about individual providers, families, and coordinate all services.
- Participate in Network staff professional learning sessions delivered by the Department of Education.
- Assist in ongoing outreach, enrollment, and all other administrative tasks supporting all FCC affiliated providers.
- Other tasks assigned by FCC Network Director.
- Masters Degree in Social Work
- Supervisory Experience
- Willingness to travel within FCC Network catchment area.
- Time management skills are essential.
- Ability to multitask.
- Must be a team player.
- Appreciation for the unique needs of all providers and families.
- Experience working with families with young children (required)
- Experience working in family child care and/or with infants and toddlers (preferred)
- Fluency in languages, such as Spanish, Bengali, Mandarin, Uzbek, Haitian Creole, in addition to English, is useful.
Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package includes medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such staff can earn up to 27 annual leave days (17 in your first year), 12 sick days, and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities.
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Salary: $52,000 - $58,000 per annum; commensurate with experience.
Schedule: 35 hours per week, some evenings required.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter, including salary requirement and resume with subject line “Education Director Queens Childcare Network” to Mary Abbate at email@example.com.
Queens Community House, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.