July 13, 2020
We are seeking an Education Director to support the Queens Childcare Network. The Education Director will oversee all of the Network educational services for families and affiliated providers. QCH Queens Childcare Network (QCCN) serves families and children from infancy through 13 years of age by putting attention to the environment, delivery and professional development of childcare services provided by regulated family and group family childcare providers. The Network, established in 1987 and with a membership of 45 providers serving approximately 500 children and families, is entering into contract with the NYC Department of Education to provide Early Learn and 3K services.
- Oversee all educational services in affiliated Family Child Care (FCC) settings to ensure compliance with Department of Education and the Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS).
- Supervise the work of all FCCN education staff (e.g. Educational Specialist and Family Worker).
- Develop, adapt, and provide guidance to affiliated providers on the implementation of an evidence-based curriculum for mixed-age group settings that meets the individual needs of all children.
- Create, review, and adapt appropriate curriculum supports that foster hands-on developmentally appropriate and relationship-based interactions with all children by affiliated providers.
- Provide strength-based coaching visits to all affiliated providers to ensure adherence to curriculum guidelines and implementation.
- Ensure that all affiliated provider home visits are documented in a timely manner and are aligned with the DOE’s Early Childhood Framework for Quality (EFQ).
- Ensure education staff have the knowledge and skills to assist affiliated providers in entering child assessment data in a timely manner and support its use for curriculum and lesson planning.
- Coordinate and implement all required professional learning days throughout the year in partnership with the Department of Education for all affiliated providers and education staff.
- Participate in Network staff professional learning sessions delivered by the Department of Education.
- Support all providers who are working toward the completion of a CDA certification or other higher early childhood education degree.
- Facilitate twice monthly Network staff meetings to connect about individual providers, families, and coordinate all services.
- Provide consistent and timely reflective supervision to education staff to ensure their ability to engage affiliated providers in practice-based coaching using a strength-based approach.
- Oversee and ensure the timely documentation of all coaching sessions.
- Support the FCC Network Director in all recruitment, enrollment, payment, and other administrative tasks in support of all affiliated providers.
- Maintain relationships with community partners who provide mental health, special needs, and other support services for all affiliated providers and families.
- Other special projects as they arise.
- MSED in Early Childhood Education (required)
- Teacher certification in the early childhood or childhood grades (required)
- Experience working in family child care and/or with infants and toddlers (preferred)
- Familiarity with early childhood curriculum and practices from birth to 4 years of age.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Queens Community House.
Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package includes medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such staff can earn up to 27 annual leave days (17 in your first year), 12 sick days, and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities.
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Salary: $65,000 - $70,000 per annum; commensurate with experience.
Schedule: 35 hours per week, M-F; flexibility required due to some evenings and weekend events.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter, including salary requirement and resume with subject line “Education Director Queens Childcare Network” to Mary Abbate at email@example.com.
Queens Community House, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.