DIRECTOR OF SPECIAL INITIATIVES
June 29, 2020
We are seeking a Director of Special Initiatives (DSI) who will oversee the development of special projects and strategic partnerships that support and further QCH’s mission and vision. Under the supervision of the Chief Strategy Officer, the individual will serve as a member of QCH’s Management Team and will work closely with the Executive Team and with staff from across the organization’s programmatic departments.
- Cultivate and maintain ongoing relationships with elected officials and other key stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain new corporate/employer and non-profit partnerships that support QCH as a whole as well as contribute to individual programs.
- Explore opportunities for fee-based programming and other alternative revenue streams.
- Coordinate communication with the Board of Directors, including preparation of materials for quarterly board meetings.
- Conduct research to support organizational advocacy efforts and new program development.
- Represent QCH on coalitions and pursue emerging strategic alliance opportunities.
- Prospect potential real estate opportunities.
- Support the implementation and tracking of QCH’s Strategic Plan.
- Support QCH grant-writing and communications-writing as needed.
- Actively participate in and contribute to ongoing work of QCH Management Team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree or other advanced degree preferred.
- Five (5) years of professional experience, with two (2) years of project management experience.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to carry out duties with discretion, professionalism, and integrity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrate a “can-do” attitude.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Queens Community House.
Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package includes medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such staff can earn up to 27 annual leave days (17 in your first year), 12 sick days, and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities.
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Salary: $65,000 - $70,000 per annum; commensurate with experience.
Schedule: 35 hours per week, M-F; flexibility required due to some evenings and weekend events.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter, including salary requirement and resume with subject line “DSI” to Dennis Redmond at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No calls. Resumes submitted without a formal cover letter will not be considered.
Queens Community House, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.