FAMILY SUPPORT COORDINATOR (Temporary)
May 4, 2020
With the onset of site closings necessitated by COVID-19, we have shifted to remote operations. Staff are in contact by phone regularly with our participants and doing all they can to support them and their families with an ever-changing set of challenges. Meanwhile, we have developed protocols and tools for better assessing and tracking needs; for helping families to connect to online resources; and for making referrals, as appropriate, to internal teams of housing specialists, case managers, and social workers.
We are seeking a qualified Family Support Coordinator to help us respond to requests coming from community members who are not current program participants but who might be dealing with issues of food insecurity, job loss, housing instability, social isolation, domestic violence, health/mental health concerns, and emergency needs. The FSC will assess incoming requests and make referrals, as appropriate to QCH staff or external resources. The FSC will also offer backup support to line staff, as needed, and directly handle cases that do not fit squarely into one of QCH’s existing program areas. The position will work remotely pending safe return to center-based activities.
- Support QCH program directors in their efforts to identify, track, and respond to needs presented by our participants and their families.
- Develop a system to receive and respond to requests coming from community members (through phone, email, and website) who are not current participants, and make referrals to existing QCH staff/programs and to outside resources/organizations as necessary.
- Identify community needs not currently handled by QCH staff/programs and work with supervisor and Executive Team to determine suitable interventions. These interventions may become responsibilities of the position, may be referred to other QCH staff, or may be referred externally, as deemed most appropriate.
- Provide short-term case management to individuals and households, as needed. If individuals and households need intensive support, provide care coordination over an extended period to support households’ sustained engagement in external services and progression toward family and individual thriving.
- Keep track through Salesforce application of all requests, referrals, and responses and produce regular reports.
- Has a minimum 2 years of experience and skill set enabling the supervision of student interns and other case managers.
- Can maintain a professional demeanor and attitude with all stakeholders.
- Will participate in and actively contribute to cross-department meetings to support agency wide assessment, planning, and interventions in support of our families and neighbors.
- Possesses good judgment and strong assessment skills.
- Can work independently while maintaining appropriate communication with supervisor.
- Works well in high-stress situations and is able to prioritize tasks.
- Will treat families and colleagues with respect.
Salary: $25 per hour
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Family Support Coordinator” to Alexandria Sumpter-Delves at firstname.lastname@example.org
Queens Community House, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.