February 24, 2020
Queens Community House (QCH) is seeking a qualified Kitchen Aide to join our Senior Center at the Pomonok Community Center. The Kitchen Aide will assist with daily food preparation, daily inventory, daily cleaning and upkeep of the kitchen facility.
- Assist with daily food preparation and meal service (must follow DFTA nutrition guidelines and NYSDOH standards).
- Assist with daily washing and sanitizing of all dishes, pots, pans, and utensils.
- Assist with the daily cleaning and general upkeep of the kitchen.
- Assist with preparation of fruits, vegetables, salads, and desserts for daily meals.
- Help to supply volunteers with paper goods and other items necessary for daily food service.
- Assist with the after-lunch clean up.
- Provide site to site coverage as needed.
- Must adhere to the sanitation guidelines and adhere to the kitchen-cleaning schedule.
- Perform other work tasks as needed.
- Must meet and maintain the agency-wide performance standards of Queens Community House.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working in a similar environment in a food service capacity a plus.
- Familiarity with food administration standards and codes a plus.
- Willingness to take initiative and manage tasks while working in a multi-faceted, busy environment.
- Demonstrated attendance and punctuality in meeting required schedule.
- Must pass and maintain required clearances as determined by DOH and regulating agencies.
Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package includes medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such staff can earn up to 27 annual leave days (17 in your first year), 12 sick days, and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities.
STATUS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
SALARY: $16.50 per hour
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Kitchen Aide” to Angella King at email@example.com.
Queens Community House, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.