EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
December 17, 2019
Queens Community House (QCH) is seeking an Executive Administrative Assistant to support the Executive Team (comprised of the Executive Director and 5 additional C-Level personnel). The Executive Administrative Assistant will report to the Chief Operating Officer and generally features a 9 am-5 pm schedule from Monday-Friday, however, the Assistant must demonstrate flexibility during special events which may require some evenings or weekends. This position works out of our Forest Hills Community Center (108-25 62nd Drive, Queens, NY).
The Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a fast-paced environment that is results-driven and customer focused. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Team including: managing extremely active calendars for five individuals; completing expense reports and reimbursement forms; composing and preparing correspondence, processing all mail, arranging travel plans, itineraries and agendas and filing/compiling documents for meetings.
- Coordinates with the Director of Special Initiatives and the Director of Administration to collate presentations for Board Meetings and calls.
- Schedules, organizes and records all internal and external meetings including Board meetings/calls and board committee meetings/calls as assigned and take/transcribe/publish minutes where required.
- Establishes and maintains an effective filing system.
- Assists in administrative tasks associated with department’s robust events calendar. Tasks include attendance at all events, tracking and evaluating constituency participation and event related gifts, production of all collateral material and working with caterers as well as other event partners and vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an office setting.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate in a courteous, professional and tactful manner by e-mail, telephone and in person.
- Experience providing administrative and scheduling support to senior management preferred.
- A self-motivated learner with the capability to gather information from a variety of sources.
- Ability to work well with a range of partners and stakeholders.
- Must be discreet, flexible and responsible.
- Proficiency in Windows and MS Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Salesforce experience preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License preferred.
- A demonstrated commitment to public interest/non-profit work.
Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package includes medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such staff can earn up to 27 annual leave days (17 in your first year), 12 sick days, and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities.
STATUS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
SALARY: $45-55K, commensurate with experience
SCHEDULE: 35 Hours/ Week (flexibility required)
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Executive Assistant” to Recruitment@qchnyc.org.
Please Note: Resumes submitted without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Queens Community House, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.