DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
August 30, 2019
Queens Community House (QCH) seeks a Director of Development to lead its growing fundraising department. The Director of Development is responsible for creating and leading a comprehensive development plan that responds to organizational goals and priorities. The Director will focus on the day-to-day development activities, as well as the short-term goals and long-term strategies. The position will work closely with the Executive Team, the Board of Directors, and other senior leadership, and will supervise a Development Associate. This position will be based out of our administrative offices at 108-25 62nd Drive in Forest Hills, Queens.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit major donor prospects.
- Develop and implement strategies for major and planned gifts, including conducting research on prospects/donors, determining ongoing relationships with prospects/donors; recommending specific purpose and level of gift; identifying those to be involved in cultivation and subsequent solicitation; and assuring that solicitations are carried out.
- Oversee an outreach strategy to donors and potential donors for the Executive Director, as well as individual donors at all giving levels (including online fundraising campaigns).
- Oversee individual donor component of capital campaign.
- Establish a planned giving program.
- Identify and build relationships with corporate sponsors.
- Create and pitch a menu of corporate sponsorship opportunities including the creation of a corporate giving program.
Donor Tracking and Communications:
- Oversee a donor management system on Salesforce that bolsters major gifts and other giving programs.
- Write and/or edit all donor-related correspondence, proposals, and other materials.
- Work with Communications Director on communications such as email blasts, marketing materials, and other publications to keep donors engaged.
- Plan and oversee 2-5 special events per year for fundraising, friend-raising and donor cultivation.
- Plan and oversee annual gala. Oversee the identification of event honorees and corporate sponsors, provide staff leadership to Host Committee, manage the planning process, and develop follow-up plans.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in nonprofit development.
- Proven ability to raise funds from individuals and corporations, as well as through special events.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of effective print, electronic, and social media content development.
- Able to carry out duties with discretion, professionalism, and integrity.
- Self-motivated and resourceful, able to work independently as well as collaboratively with staff.
- Demonstrated creativity, strategic thinking, entrepreneurial energy, and a commitment to professional fundraising ethics.
- An ability to work on many fronts simultaneously, keeping both details and the big picture in mind.
- Commitment to understanding and supporting the QCH mission.
The schedule for this position will include some weekends and evenings.
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package for full-time staff includes medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too, and as such staff can earn generous annual leave days, sick days, and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities.
STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
SALARY: Commensurate with experience; excellent benefits package.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization that looks to continually enrich the lives of our communities we serve. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter, including salary requirement, and resume with subject line “Director of Development” to email@example.com. No calls.
Please Note: Applications submitted without a formal cover letter will not be considered.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER --- DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE