ACCESS FOR YOUNG WOMEN COORDINATOR
August 21, 2019
Queens Community House (QCH) is seeking a qualified Access for Young Women Coordinator who is responsible for the general coordination and overall supervision of the Access for Young Women (AFYW) program. Access for Young Women is a gender-specific leadership program for young women ages 11-18 that offers tiered leadership development in a supportive group setting. The program has demonstrated proven results in increasing girl’s self-esteem, academic performance, leadership skills, and knowledge of gender issues and has been recognized by external evaluators for its extraordinary impact on participants. As a member of the Counseling Services & Teen Outreach Team, the Coordinator will work collaboratively with the QCH community, funders and stakeholders to ensure participants can explore interests and passions, develop positive social connections, contribute to their community, become life-long learners, gain meaningful experiences, and instill a youth development approach towards our youth work. This position is based out of our Forest Hills Community Center location at 108-25 62nd Drive, Queens, NY.
- Responsible for overall supervision and coordination of the Access for Young Women program; coverage areas include outreach, retention, program planning, curriculum development, and adhering to contractual & funder requirements.
- Provide gender-specific programming (AFYW and Summer Photography program) for young women ages 11-18.
- Foster relationships with participants and their families to ensure they are engaged in programming and special events.
- Facilitate three weekly curriculum-based groups to build participant confidence, leadership, refusal skills, and sense of community.
- Provide supportive counseling related to college and career readiness and be able to make referrals to other QCH services.
- Act as Task Supervisor for MSW Interns.
- Plan and coordinate community service projects, STEM Career Panel, and the Annual Youth Leadership Conference.
- Collaborate with QCH’s Generation Q (LGBTQ Youth) program on workshop development.
- Develop collegial relationships with funders, staff, parents, regulatory agencies, and other key stakeholders.
- Responsible for monitoring purchases and inventory of all program related expenses, budget, and program administrative requirements including writing program reports, attendance at outside meetings, and maintaining participant files.
- Maintain registration, attendance, evaluation surveys and comply with all funder requirements.
- Ensure input of data in all databases, and submit reports, in a timely manner.
- Maintain regular communication with supervisor pertaining to all agency, funder, and program related matters.
- Participate in agency staff development and training opportunities as appropriate.
- Participate in monthly team meetings & case conferences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Mental Health, Human Services, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years' of experience working with at-risk youth preferably in middle/high school setting.
- Experience in Group Work, Positive Youth Development practices, and gender-based programming a plus.
- Experience in facilitating groups in leadership, career/college readiness, and employment opportunities with a connection to counseling.
- Demonstrated attendance and punctuality in meeting required schedule.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate discretion.
- Excellent computer skills with various programs and willingness to learn new ones.
- Must be cleared of NYS DOH Fingerprinting Screening; PETS Clearance: NYS Clearance Review Background Check; 3 Reference Checks; physical examination with updated TB test.
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package for full-time staff includes medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such staff can earn generous annual leave and sick days, and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities.
STATUS: Full-time, Non-exempt
SALARY: Low $40K range with Excellent Benefits
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday, 1-9 pm with occasional weekends for special events
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Coordinator - AFYW” at QCHyouthservices@qchnyc.org.
Please Note: Resumes submitted without a formal cover letter will not be considered.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER --- DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE