SOCIAL WORKER (SOCIAL ADULT DAY/CAREGIVER SUPPORT SERVICES)
July 14, 2019
Queens Community House (QCH) is seeking a qualified Social Worker with a strong commitment to social services and older adults to work in our Social Adult Day Services (SADS) programs in Forest Hills, NY and our Caregiver Support Services (CGS) program in Kew Gardens, NY. QCH offers unique programs for adults age 60 or older who are physically frail, socially isolated, and/or memory impaired. The social worker, along with SADS staff, encourages social interaction with program members, which engages otherwise homebound individuals to participate in educational and recreational activities that increase their confidence and feelings of self-worth. Services for older adults and/or their caregivers include intensive case management, benefits assistance, supportive counseling, support groups, and trainings.
- Conduct outreach with hospitals, houses of worship, physicians, disease-focused organizations, community-based organizations, and others as identified to enhance value, awareness and accessibility of program.
- Provide information in response to caregiver inquiries, and provide resource referral options.
- Responsible for all Caregiver Support Services (CGS) program documentation including caregiver intakes, assessments, home health services paperwork, and participant files in accordance with NYC DFTA standards using PeerPlace.
- Conduct SADS intakes, assessments, care plans, and progress notes along with SADS staff
- Assist in researching, planning, and implementation of structured program activities; encourage participant involvement in SADS activities and discussions.
- Conduct in-home assessments for Social Adult Day (SADS) and Caregiver Support Services clients
- Develop caregiver care plans, advocacy and provide one-on-one counseling.
- Schedule and provide educational opportunities for caregiver clients.
- Accurately complete monthly statistics for reporting to lead agency.
- Make appropriate referrals to SADS program for group respite.
- Establish case management and appropriate community contacts in participant catchment areas for referral and case coordination.
- Lead support groups (evening and day).
- Develop, expand and lead support groups that accommodate the broad needs of the different populations of caregivers in the community.
- Provide client accurate and appropriate information on services, benefits and entitlements.
- Develop case notes, action items, and follow-up to determine action outcome.
- Conduct on-site visits with new program participants to assist with engagement with other program members.
- Participate in meetings, training and staff development activities per regulating agencies (ex. DFTA).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a related field required
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with older adults or case management senior services sector.
- Knowledge of benefits/entitlements and community organizing experience are a plus.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationships.
- Self-motivated and resourceful; able to work independently as well as collaboratively with staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate discretion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook and database management/search tools. PeerPlace knowledge is a plus.
This position is available as of August 2019. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package varies by position and may include medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn generous annual leave and sick days, and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities.
STATUS: Full-time, Non-exempt
SALARY: Low $40K Range, EXCELLENT BENEFITS
SCHEDULE: 35 HOURS/WEEK - 9:00AM-4:30PM (MONDAY-fRIDAY)
12:OOPM-8:00PM – ON SELECT MONDAYS AND WEDNESDAYS FOR EVENING SUPPORT GROUPS –Ability to be flexible with hours
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Social Worker” at email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER --- DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE