FRIENDLY VISITING COORDINATOR (TEMPORARY)
July 2, 2019
QCH’s “Friendly Visiting” program provides volunteers to visit older adults in QCH’s Senior Case Management Program on a regular basis for the purpose of reducing isolation, providing companionship, and monitoring general well-being. Agency-wide, QCH enlists a large base of volunteers that we strive to engage, support, and constantly refresh.
The temporary Friendly Visiting Coordinator will provide oversight and perform tasks associated with QCH’s Friendly Visiting program while the full-time Coordinator is on family leave. This position requires a dynamic and collaborative personality with exceptional networking skills that lead to quickly engaging, relating to and motivating a wide variety of stakeholders. This position will report to the Director of Community Building; the position is based out of our 119-45 Union Turnpike, Queens, NY 11375 location.
- Coordinate home visitation and assessment of participants in QCH’s Senior Case Management Program to best match volunteers with program participants.
- Encourage new referrals of program participants and mediate any issues arising between participants and volunteers.
- Field volunteer inquiries and oversee the volunteer approval process by conducting initial volunteer interviews, reference checks, and orientation.
- Oversee the initial match visit between volunteer and older adult participant.
- Assure accurate data entry into STARS and other program charts including case notes.
- Make check-in calls to volunteers and seniors for new and existing matches.
- Attend monthly Friendly Visiting Coordinators meetings and Case Management meetings as needed.
- Attend community outreach events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Social Services, Communications, Management, Non-profit Leadership, Public Administration, or related field required; Master’s is a plus.
- Experience working in a similar setting providing direct service in mobilizing, directing, and motivating volunteers; experience working with older adult populations desirable.
- Community minded with strong relationship and networking skills.
- Excellent project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate discretion.
- Available to work evenings and some weekends preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
STATUS: Temporary (August through October 2019)
SALARY: $18/hour, 20-35 hours per week
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday, 9 am-5 pm with availability for some evenings and weekends as needed
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please send a resume and a cover letter that highlights your experience and interest related to this role, with subject line “Temporary Friendly Visiting Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: Applications submitted without a formal cover letter will not be considered.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - DRUG FREE WORKPLACE