PROGRAM DIRECTOR - QUEENS CONNECT
May 15, 2019
Queens Community House (QCH) is seeking a qualified Program Director for Queens Connect with a strong commitment to workforce development and program oversight. Queens Connect is a sector-focused employment program that trains and prepares out of school youth for successful careers in the food service and manufacturing sector. Participants take part in six weeks of training and eight weeks of paid internship and are able to receive their food handler's certificate. Queens Connect is a collaborative workforce project between QCH, Jacob Riis Neighborhood Settlement, Sunnyside Community Services, and Ocean Bay CDC. This position is primarily based in our Youth Employment Services office at 70-34 Austin Street, Forest Hills, NY 11375.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of Queens Connect, which includes monitoring participant recruitment strategies, tracking budget expenses, curriculum development, job placement, retention, and follow-up.
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate and supervise a Business Service Manager, a Case Manager, and (2) Trainers.
- Effectively work with staff to ensure quality service delivery in addition to positive program outcomes.
- Provide ongoing evaluation and analysis of current service offerings and their impact on overall performance goals.
- Collect required data accordingly and submit reports to the city/state agency and private foundation partners.
- Maintain communication and engagement with the leadership of the collaborative partners.
- Coordinate collaborative leadership meetings and agendas, while maintaining communication and follow-up between meetings.
- Cultivate and maintain high-level relationships with collaborating entities including community colleges and local business associations.
- Oversee initial formation and convening of Employer Advisory Council.
- Develop a broad understanding of workforce development practices and innovations, labor market information, and local, state, and federal regulatory changes.
- Represent the QCH Youth Employment Program at meetings, events, and other required functions.
- Report to the Division Director of Youth Workforce.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- B.A. in a related field with direct experience in youth development or work readiness programs is preferred.
- 3 years of experience in the field of youth employment and/or with the disconnect youth population preferred.
- Computer literate and competency in Word, Excel and Publisher.
- Ability to multi-task and ability to demonstrate exceptional communication skills a must.
- Must possess strong supervisory, collaborative, relationship building, and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills required.
STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
SALARY: High $50K range w/ Excellent Benefits
SCHEDULE: Monday- Friday; flexible Schedule and some nights/ weekends may be necessary
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package includes medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn up to 27 annual leave days, 12 sick days and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Program Director” at email@example.com.
Please Note: Applications submitted without a formal cover letter will not be considered.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER --- DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE