March 29, 2019
We are seeking a qualified Development Associate. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Associate will assist with all facets of QCH’s individual and corporate fundraising, including donor prospecting and cultivation, donor communications, event planning and implementation, and maintenance of a donor database.
- Support the Director of Development (DoD) in researching and identifying new sources of financial support, including major individual and corporate donors and prospects;
- Directly assist DoD with donor outreach, scheduling meetings and follow-up;
- Support the development and execution of a comprehensive individual donor strategy to help increase the number of small and medium-sized donors and increase their level of giving;
- Provide administrative and logistical support for annual appeals, fundraising campaigns, and projects;
- Provide logistical support for 3-4 fundraising events per year;
- Oversee all aspects of QCH’s database, including gift and prospect records, and maintaining donor files;
- Manage donor communications, including appeal letters, thank you letters, and periodic updates;
- Manage the fundraising calendar to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Three (3) years' of fundraising experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationships
- Self-motivated and resourceful, able to work independently as well as collaboratively with staff
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and complete assignments under strict deadlines.
- Ability to work on many fronts simultaneously, keeping both details and the big picture in mind.
- Commitment to understanding and supporting the QCH mission
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate discretion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook, database management, and data search tools.
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package varies by position and may include medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such staff earn annual leave days, sick days and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities, including trainings and learning bits.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Development Associate” to Dennis Redmond at email@example.com or mail to:
Queens Community House
C/o: Dennis Redmond
108-25 62nd Drive
Forest Hills, New York 11375
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – DRUG FREE WORKPLACE