PAYROLL & BENEFITS SPECIALIST
February 27, 2019
We are seeking a qualified Payroll & Benefits Specialist with a strong commitment to employee service and operational efficiencies. They will perform all activities necessary to process payroll for a 500+ employee organization, including coordinating manual timesheets, records maintenance, filing tax reports, documenting and updating procedures, and preparing senior management level reporting. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of the payroll process, prior experience with ADP Workforce Now, as well as a strong analytical skills, with a focus on deadlines and details, and passionate sense of customer service. They will also provide support with HR administration in the areas of employee records, benefits, and reporting.
- Responsible for the processing of biweekly payroll for over 500 employees and consultants from input to delivery (new hires, transfers, promotions, terminations and follow up).
- Process all related payroll transactions and changes (including direct deposits, wage garnishments, benefits, loans, 403(b), etc.).
- Manage and track annual leave (sick and vacation) and leave of absences, disability, and family medical leave requests.
- Address payroll related inquires; coordinate and interact with vendors, financial consultants, and federal and state agencies on issues pertaining to employee compensation, garnishments, benefits, etc.
- Responsible for the data integrity in ADP payroll systems; this includes entering new hires, terminations, compensation changes and transfers. Additionally, you will find opportunities to improve the data captured and the processes for making data changes.
- Generate a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools.
- Serve as a liaison between staff and our Benefits Business Partner in supporting the processing of distributions.
- Be the first point of contact for employees regarding our benefit programs. This includes managing our benefits onboarding session and the enrollment process in our HRIS and ADP systems, and resolving routine benefit questions.
- Partner with our Benefits Business Partner on the day-to-day management of our benefit plans and ensure QCH is in compliance with all City, State, and Federal regulations.
- Prepare and/or coordinate quarterly and year-end reports with accuracy and completeness (W-2's, 1099R's, 5500’s, EEO-1, DOL, BLS, FLSA, and ACA); participate in audits to ensure compliance with legal requirements and company policy.
- Work with employees and our Benefits Business Partner on Leave of Absence and Accommodation requests. Manage the leave process and paperwork, including Family Medical Leave, statutory filings for disability and NY Paid Family Leave benefits.
- Support facilitation of a training program for employees targeted at compliance and understanding of related policies.
- Uphold HR/payroll best practices adhering to strict confidentiality requirements and protection of sensitive data.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in Human Resources, Accounting, Business Management or related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred; certification as a Payroll or HR professional a plus.
- Minimum of four (4) years of in-depth experience with payroll and human resources; non-profit experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations regarding all facets of payroll processing (FLSA, sick time, ACA).
- Excellent organizational and detail-orientation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to streamline workflow processes and make appropriate recommendations.
- Strong public relations skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with generating and analyzing reports.
- Ability to engage employees and collaborative partners; listen to feedback and resolve concerns.
- Proficiency with ADP Workforce Now, HRIS, ATS, Excel, and relational databases.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and use appropriate discretion.
Critical Skills and Personality Traits:
- Displays an extensive degree of initiative
- Exercises considerable independent judgment in problem solving
- Prefers to work independently, but functions well in a team
- Comfortable making high-stakes decisions
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment
- Deep knowledge and understanding of payroll regulations and related laws
- Carries a high personal standard related to work ethic and professionalism
- Strong interpersonal skills that builds rapport and trust
- Exceptional communicator, oral and written
- Charismatic, warm, friendly personality
- Works well under pressure and able to balance multiple priorities
SALARY: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per annum commensurate with experience.
SCHEDULE: Monday- Friday
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package includes medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn up to 27 annual leave days, 12 sick days and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities, including trainings and learning bits.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter including salary requirement and resume, with subject line “Payroll & Benefits Specialist” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes submitted without a formal cover letter will not be considered.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – DRUG FREE WORKPLACE