DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF YOUTH EMPLOYMENT SERVICES
February 8, 2019
We are seeking a qualified Deputy Director of Youth Employment Services to oversee a portfolio of programs with an annual budget of approximately $2 Million. The programs include our Young Adult Food Sector Employment Initiative, a new U.S. DOL YouthBuild grant, and our Summer Youth Employment Program. The appropriate candidate will have a deep commitment to QCH's mission and extensive experience operating and managing workforce programs. The Youth Employment Services is primarily designed to assist young people between the ages of 14-24 years old in attaining employment readiness skills and employment opportunities.
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate and supervise the Director of Youth Employment, Director of the Young Adult Sectoral Program, and the Director of Youth Build.
- Effectively manage and work closely with direct reports in order to ensure quality service delivery in addition to positive program outcomes.
- Review and act on professional development needs for individual staff members and the team.
- Provide ongoing evaluation and analysis of current service offerings and their impact on overall performance goals.
- Collect required data accordingly and submit reports to the city/state agency and private foundation partners.
- Work closely with the Director of Analytics to ensure the transition and implementation of Salesforce.
- Responsible for program planning, budgeting, program development and implementation, assessment and staff development.
- Develop a broad understanding of workforce development practices and innovations, labor market information, and local, state, and federal regulatory changes.
- Support the Youth Employment Program Director with outreach to local business and organizations for participation in SYEP programs.
- Cultivate high-level employer engagement in conjunction with AED of Young Adult Services.
- Participate and represent QCH within networks and organizations such as JobsFirst NYC Coalition, New York State Intergenerational Network (NYSIGN), and United Neighborhood Houses (UNH) when appropriate.
- Review and manage individual program budgets on a monthly basis.
- Assist in preparation of documentation for annual program audits.
- Represent the QCH Youth Employment Program at all meetings, events, and other required functions.
- Report to the AED of Young Adult Services.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- M.A. in education, social work, or youth related degree with direct experience in youth development or work readiness programs is preferred.
- 5 years experience in the field of youth employment and/or with the disconnected youth population preferred.
- Computer literate and competency in Word, Excel and Publisher.
- Multi-tasker and exceptional communication skills a must.
- Possess strong supervisory, collaboration and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills required.
STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
SALARY: $70,000 - $90,000 depending upon experience
SCHEDULE: Monday- Friday/Flexible Schedule and some nights/ weekends may be necessary
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package includes medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn up to 27 annual leave days, 12 sick days and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities, including trainings and learning bits.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Deputy Director – at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - DRUG FREE WORKPLACE