PROGRAM ASSISTANT (BILINGUAL- KOREAN/ENGLISH)
January 23, 2019
We are seeking a qualified bilingual (English/Korean) Program Assistant with a strong commitment to social services to assist with community outreach at The Queens Childcare Network of Queens Community House. The Program Assistant is responsible for engaging in various activities that will promote and support the Korean-American population to get enrolled in to the Queens Community Childcare Network and become family or group family license providers.
- Outreach to the Korean-American Childcare Provider population: inform them about the benefits of getting enrolled into the CACFP Food Program and becoming a member of the Queens Childcare Network.
- Enroll 7 Korean-American childcare providers into the Childcare Network during November 2018 and June 2019.
- Provide information and assistance to the provider community about licensing, joining the network, as well as other services offered for the parent and child community, such as CACFP (Food Program) and trainings (offered inside and outside Queens Community House).
- Help assess a provider’s eligibility and associated paperwork to become a licensed provider.
- Translate relevant materials from English to Korean.
- Create flyers and brochures for the purpose of outreach.
- Conduct various orientation meetings for potential Korean-American childcare providers.
- Assist the Director with home visits to Korean-American providers.
- Perform general office duties including data entry, answering phone calls, faxing documents, and filing.
- To be able to work both individually and as part of a team in a professional manner.
- Establish connections with Korean organizations to increase outreach.
- Distribute flyers around the target populations (Flushing, Bayside, Elmhurst).
- Background in Education and/or related field preferred.
- Bilingual English/Korean Required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (i.e. Publisher, Word, Excel).
- Familiarity with Queens Korean-American community.
- Must be creative and outgoing.
- Must be self-starting and motivated.
- Able to work occasional weekends for outreach, trainings and willing to travel across Queens.
STATUS: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
SCHEDULE: 3 days/6 hours per day.
This position is available immediately. We value health and wellness too and as such staff can earn up to 40 hours of sick time per year and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities, including trainings and learning bits.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Program Assistant” to email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - DRUG FREE WORKPLACE