January 16, 2019
We are seeking a qualified Assistant Cook to join our Senior Center at Pomonok. The Assistant Cook will oversee daily food preparation, daily inventory, daily cleaning and upkeep of the kitchen facility, must follow Simple Servings menus and recipes, cooking and food service for congregate and home delivered meals at the Pomonok Senior Center.
- Oversee daily food preparation, and service for congregate breakfast and lunch.
- Assist with the supervision of kitchen staff.
- Maintain safe kitchen organization and follow proper sanitary food handling procedures per sanitation standards.
- Sustain clean and safe food preparation, service, dining, and storage areas according to law.
- Oversee regular daily temperature recording checks of refrigeration and freezer units.
- Participate in menu planning and portioning.
- Submit food orders; verify receipt of orders and inventory items.
- Oversee weighing in, receiving and proper food storage.
- Manage safe handling and proper temperature control of foods.
- Supervise proper functioning of and participate in cleaning of kitchen, kitchen equipment and dining areas.
- Maintain food usage records, temperature sheets and all statistical information required.
- Participate in training and staff development activities.
- Provide coverage and/or assistance site to site as needed.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two (2) years' of experience working in a similar environment in a food service capacity.
- Familiarity with food administration standards and codes.
- Willingness to take initiative and manage tasks while working in a multi-faceted, busy environment.
- Demonstrated attendance and punctuality in meeting required schedule.
- Must pass and maintain required clearances as determined by DOH and regulating agencies.
STATUS: Full-Time; Non-Exempt
SALARY: $15 per hour w/ excellent benefits
SCHEDULE: 35 hours per week
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package includes medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn up to 27 annual leave days, 12 sick days and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities, including trainings and learning bits.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Assistant Cook” to Angella King at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - DRUG FREE WORKPLACE