DIRECTOR OF GRANT WRITING
January 2, 2019
We are seeking a Director of Government Grant Writing to join the Management Team. The Director of Government Grant Writing is primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals and persuasively communicating QCH's mission and programs to potential funders. They will establish and maintain relationships with contacts, conduct prospect research, and manage all of the organization’s government grant proposals. She will also build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with senior programmatic staff to fully assess QCH’s network of funding needs and, strategically, prioritize the organization’s approach to funders.
- Direct and manage all aspects of the grant development process from inception to final submission.
- Seek out, research, and identify potential new funding opportunities from city, state, and federal government agencies.
- Write and prepare all related documents for government RFP's which respond to the issuing agency's goals, outline, formatting requirements, and evaluation criteria.
- Work with cross-functional teams in developing proposals for new and enhanced programs and services to include program structure, staffing, and budget content.
- Conduct research and assemble data and reference materials to support proposal development, submission and follow-up reporting.
- Establish and maintain linkages to agencies, web sites and publications that provide information regarding available government funding and trends.
- Facilitate setting project goals, objectives, timelines, budgets, evaluation and sustainability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Philanthropy, Development, Communications, Management, Non-profit Leadership or related field; Master’s is a plus.
- Minimum of three (3) years' of grant writing, editing, and management experience.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationships.
- Knowledge of local and federal government funding sources.
- Solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants.
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package varies by position and may include medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn up annual leave days, sick days and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities, including trainings and learning bits.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Director of Grant Writing” to Dennis Redmond at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes submitted without a formal cover letter will not be considered.