December 13, 2018
We are seeking a qualified Employment Specialist with a strong commitment to youth development for an opening in Youth Employment Services Department. The Youth Employment Services Department is comprised of the following program areas, Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP), Work, Learn, & Grow Employment Program (WLG) and Queens NDA Opportunity Youth Program. The Employment Specialist will deliver work readiness skills training and support to groups of diverse participants between the ages of 14-24 years old.
- Develop positive attitudes toward the work environment and related responsibilities in participants.
- Assist participants in developing appropriate work and educational goals.
- Assist in modeling and teaching appropriate workforce behavior and communication for participants.
- Complete all required paperwork, data entry and clerical tasks.
- Maintain participant files and record all appropriate case notes.
- Identify participant needs by evaluating strengths and weaknesses.
- Facilitate trainings that will develop participants for employment and career paths.
- Acclimate participants to program and conduct orientation sessions.
- Periodically evaluate ongoing program activities and training to ensure effectiveness.
- Perform outreach and recruitment of participants and worksite partners for the programs.
- Visit worksite partners to assess progress of participants and inspect worksite environment.
- Assist Youth Employment Services Department staff in facilitating additional program orientation, service learning and workshop sessions.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Education, Social Work, and Human Resources preferred; equivalent combination of applicable training and experience may be substituted for education requirements.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with youth preferably in a similar setting.
- Ability to engage collaborative partners with the organization.
- Demonstrated attendance and punctuality in meeting required schedule.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate discretion.
- Proficiency with various computer programs such as MS Office and willingness to learn new ones.
- Prior experience in facilitating workshops or training sessions.
- Ability to present information to a variety of audiences.
STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
SALARY: Low 40’s K; commensurate w/ experience; excellent benefits
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm; some evenings may be required
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package varies by position and may include medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn generous annual leave and sick days, and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities, including trainings and learning bits.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “YES Employment Specialist” to Sean Reyes at email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - DRUG FREE WORKPLACE