OPERATIONS MANAGER - BUILDING SERVICES
November 12, 2018
Queens Community House
QCH seeks an Operations Manager (OpM) to serve in an essential administrative role in our Maintenance Department. The job title is subject to change commensurate with experience. The OpM is responsible for supervising all maintenance and custodial staff as well as various management tasks at all QCH owned and leased commercial properties. QCH presently operates programs in 31 sites across the Borough of Queens however the OpM will have direct oversight for 8 locations; the OpM will coordinate with external superintendents and management at the remaining program centers. The OpM position is based in the Forest Hills Community Center.
Please note: this role is largely administrative in nature requiring excellent communication skills to mitigate programmatic concerns and external relationships. While hands-on experience with commercial building systems is preferred, strong project managers with general operational and supervisory experience are encouraged to apply.
- Assist senior management with forthcoming Major Capital Improvements
- Serves as the primary QCH contact for all external landlords, superintendents, property managers and New York City Officials/Agencies as it pertains to Physical Plant and Lease issues.
- Maintains a schedule of preventive maintenance and upkeep to ensure the provision of maintenance and repairs of all QCH owned and leased properties
- Responsible for tracking NYC compliance deadlines and resolving violations with City Agencies
- Responds to all facility emergencies (i.e. on-call) and assists other Operations personnel with timely, cost effective resolutions or temporary set-ups
- Manages service from outside contractors/vendors; procures bids for service agreements and oversees all major repairs
- Coordinates with program management for daily room set-ups and activities; facilitates programmatic move-ins and -outs and seasonal equipment transfer across various locations
Maintenance Staff Supervision
- Supervises a crew of six (6) custodial and maintenance staff
- Establishes daily assignment schedules for all staff under supervision and monitors work.
- Evaluates and documents staff performance, manage staff schedules and records and reports personnel absences
- Responsible for ensuring programmatic coverage during staff shortages or extended program hours
- Plans the training and development of staff; trains or coordinates the training of staff members effectively on new equipment, methods or initiatives
- Maintains Certificate of Fitness/ S95 with The New York City Fire Department
- Maintains OSHA 10-Certification
- Maintains knowledge of the FDNY, DOB and Sanitation administrative codes
- Maintains a current inventory of furniture, appliances and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s preferred
- A minimum five (5) years of progressive supervisory experience in building operations, project or property management or maintenance required
- Experience with commercial leases, especially 3N, required
- Clean and valid New York State Driver’s License required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required
- Experience with the New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) preferred
- Experience with Windows and MS Excel/Word required; Salesforce preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude and general knowledge of building systems and equipment preferred
STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
SALARY: $60,000 per annum
SCHEDULE: Mon-Fri: 9a-5p with occasional evenings and weekends required.
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package varies by position and may include medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn annual leave days, sick days and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities, including trainings and learning bits.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter, including salary requirement and resume with subject line “Operations Manager – Building Services” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes submitted without a formal cover letter will not be considered.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - DRUG FREE WORKPLACE