WORK, LEARN, & GROW PROGRAM AIDE
November 12, 2018
We are seeking a qualified Work, Learn, & Grow Program Aide who will perform a variety of administrative and programmatic duties. Overall duties include providing support to our department staff and participants, assisting in daily program needs in alignment with our overall agency’s administrative activities. They include but are not limited to, field work, data entry, and outreach to participants and work-sites. Additionally, they will assist in the enrollment and communication process with program participants. The program goals include: developing young peoples’ work readiness and social and job skills in work environments, providing safe work environments, adhering to agency policies and procedures, providing integral support services across programs in the unit, and managing programmatic record keeping.
- Understand, adhere, and enforce YES Department program expectations, policies, and protocols as laid out by Program Director/Coordinator.
- Assist in collecting all relevant paperwork from work-sites and participants such as program applications and enrollment forms.
- Responsible for data entry of all work-sites and participants in assigned portfolio.
- Meet regularly with program management to ensure coordination and implementation of the program.
- Contact work-sites/internship sites and visit these sites for assessment and participant placement purposes.
- Supervise youth participants during placements and coordinate and facilitate participant trainings.
- Maintain accurate program documentation such as: time-sheets, work-site assessments, evaluations, incident reports, attendance sheets, etc.
- Conduct minimum of (2) weekly work-site field visits and collect required data.
- Attend agency wide trainings/meetings and other professional development opportunities.
- Require flexibility in schedule and some evenings/weekends will be necessary.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned by Program Director/Coordinator.
- Some College education and experience working with youth is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, time management and communication skills required.
- Willingness to take initiative and manage tasks while working in a multi-faceted, busy environment.
- Must possess the ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate discretion.
STATUS: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
SALARY: $18.00 P/Hour
SCHEDULE: 15-18 Hours a week
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package varies by position and may include medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn annual leave days, sick days and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities, including trainings and learning bits.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Work, Learn, & Grow Program Aide” to Orlando Santos, Jr. at email@example.com or mail to:
Youth Employment Services Department - Queens Community House
Attention: Orlando Santos, Jr.
70-34 Austin Street, BB
Forest Hills, New York 11375
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - DRUG FREE WORKPLACE